Piwik PRO custom dimension tag
The Piwik PRO custom dimension tag lets you track additional dimensions on your website. Before you set up the tag, you need to create a custom dimension in Analytics, and then assign its index number to the value. In most cases, the value is a variable created separately.
To set up the Piwik PRO custom dimension tag, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Tag Manager.
- Navigate to Tags.
- Click + Create new tag.
- Name the tag and select the Piwik PRO custom dimension tag.
Indexfrom the custom dimension set in Analytics and
Valuethat may be a ready-made or custom variable.
- In Advanced tag settings, set the tag type. By default, it’s set to be displayed to visitors who consent to Analytics, but you can change it to a different type.
- By default, the Respect visitor privacy is turned on. Leave it as is, if you want to respect visitors who set a do-not-track option in their browser.
- In Flight dates, set time during which you want to run the tag.
- In Tag triggers, click + New trigger or + Existing trigger to set up a trigger for your tag.
- Adjust trigger conditions.
- When you’re done, click Save for the trigger and click Save for the tag.
- Test your tag in debug mode.
- When you’re happy how the tag works, click Publish.
Tip: To find an index for a custom dimension in Analytics (new) go to Menu > Analytics (new) > Settings > Custom dimensions.
Tip: To find an index for a custom dimension in Analytics (classic) go to Menu > Analytics settings > Custom dimensions.
After some time, data will be collected and you will be able to see the event in the custom dimension report (Menu > Analytics (new) > Reports > Custom dimensions).
Tip: In Analytics (classic), you can find a new dimension in the action report (Menu > Analytics > Actions > The name of your dimension).