The video overview report shows data collected with the HTML5 video tracking tag or YouTube video tracking tag. You can use it to quickly analyze how people interact with videos on your site or app.
To view the report, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics.
- Navigate to Reports.
- On the left, click General.
- View the report.
- To access specific sections of the report, click the section name. You can view the following sections:
- Played videos: List of all played videos with plays, unique plays, visitors and sessions.
- Video plays by country: List of countries from which visitors played your videos.
- Video plays by device: List of devices visitors used to watch videos.
- Video plays by traffic source: List of traffic sources visitors came from and watched your videos.
- Video plays by player: List of players visitors used to watch your videos.
- Video events: List of interactions with videos : play, pause, volume up, volume down, progress, resume, seeked before playback, seeked during playback, seeked when paused.
- If you want to see two dimensions in a single view, click + and choose a dimension.
In the video overview report, you’ll find the following metrics:
- Plays: The number of times the video was played.
- Unique plays: The number unique plays of the video.
- Visitors: The number of unique visitors. Every visitor is counted once, even if they visit the website many times during the day.
- Sessions: The number of sessions performed by visitors. A session starts when a visitor enters your site or app and ends 30 minutes after the last event in a session.