Microsoft Teams is an app that helps you work together with your team, whether you’re in the office or working from home. It’s a place where you can share information, stay organized and stay connected. You can post messages to channels with data from Piwik PRO to help your team re-engage visitors and turn them into customers. For example, you can assign a salesperson to undecided shoppers, assign an account manager to high-value customers or notify the marketing team when someone leaves a positive review. There are many ways to use this data!
In this article, we’ll show you how to activate data for Microsoft Teams.
Before you start
Here are a few helpful things to know before you start:
- For more information about incoming webhooks, see the Microsoft Teams documentation.
- To learn how to create a message in JSON and send it through an incoming webhook, see the Microsoft Teams documentation.
- A profile with two or more user IDs can’t be used for activation because it’s unclear who will be activated.
- Activation will only happen after it’s created and only for people who join the audience. It doesn’t apply to people who were in the audience before activation.
Create a Microsoft Teams activation
To create a Microsoft Teams activation, follow these steps:
- Log in to Microsoft Teams.
- Open the channel to which you want to post messages with data from Piwik PRO and click the ⋯ three-dot icon next to the channel name.
- Select Connectors from the dropdown menu.
- Search for Incoming webhook and click Add.
- Click Configure, name your incoming webhook and optionally upload an image.
- Copy the webhook URL. You’ll need it to set up the activation in Piwik PRO.
- Click Done.
- Log in to Piwik PRO.
- Go to Menu > Customer Data Platform.
- Navigate to Activations.
- Click Add an activation.
- Select Microsoft Teams.
- Name your activation and add a description.
- Pick the audience you want to use in this activation. Example: Run the webhook when a user joins this audience: Apple users + no sign-up.
- Enter the webhook URL from Microsoft Teams.
- Select the data you want to send when a user joins the selected audience (the webhook is triggered). We’ve included a sample message in the advanced section to help get you started.
Note: To learn how to create a message in JSON and send it through an incoming webhook, see the Microsoft Teams documentation.
- Click Send test data to make sure the webhook works. If it works, you’ll see a green success message.
- Choose whether you want to activate the user:
- Once: A user is activated only the first time they join this audience.
- Multiple times: A user is activated each time they join this audience.
- In Consent filter, select the consents that should be given to use user profile data.
Note: Make sure you collect these consents using the consent form on your site. Read more
- Click Create.
- Viola! From now on, the selected user data will be sent to your channel in Microsoft Teams each time a user joins the selected audience. Of course, only if they have given the necessary consent.