The content performance report shows you impressions and interactions with elements on your website, such as banners, popups, or contextual ads. To collect data for this report, you need to set up content tracking. Depending on the element that you want to track, you can do one of two things:
- To track popups set with a popup tag and contextual ads set with a custom content tag, you need to enable content tracking in the Piwik PRO tag.
- To track any other element, you need to enable content tracking in the Piwik PRO tag and tag this element in your website’s code. For more, see content tracking setup.
In the content performance report, you’ll see two sections that relate to labels used in content tracking:
- Content name: A name of the tracked content block. You define it when you set content tracking.
- Content piece: A piece of the tracked content block, for example, a creative, banner, or video. You define it when you set content tracking
To view the content performance report, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics.
- Navigate to Reports.
- On the left, click Content performance.
- View the report.
- To access specific sections of the report, click the section name.
- Also, whenever you see a nested dimension in the report, you can click the dimension to dig deeper into data.
- If you want to see two dimensions in a single view, click + and choose a dimension.
Metrics in the report
In the content performance report, you’ll find the following metrics:
- Content impressions: The number of times a content block was displayed to visitors.
- Unique content impressions: The number of times a content block was uniquely displayed to visitors.
- Content interactions: The number of times visitors interacted with a content block, for example, clicked an element in a content block.
- Unique content interactions: The number of times visitors uniquely interacted with a content block.
- Content interaction rate: A percentage that tells you how many people interacted with a content block.
Content interaction rate = Content interactions / Content impressions * 100%