The device& software report shows what devices and software people use when they visit your website. It gives information about the device type, brand and model, as well as the operating system, browser, language and screen resolution used. You can share this report with web developers and designers in your company as it can help them to create a user-friendly website.
To view the report, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics.
- Navigate to Reports.
- On the left, click Devices & software.
- View the report.
- To access specific sections of the report, click the section name.
- Also, whenever you see a nested dimension in the report, you can click the dimension to dig deeper into data.
- If you want to see two dimensions in a single view, click + and choose a dimension.
Metrics in the report
In the device & software report, you’ll find the following metrics:
- Visitors: The number of unique visitors. Every visitor is counted once, even if they visit the website many times during the day.
- Sessions: The number of sessions performed by visitors. A session starts with the first event and ends 30 minutes after the last event (after the session is over).
- Bounce rate: The percentage of sessions during which visitors viewed only one page and didn’t continue to another page view, goal conversion, or ecommerce conversion.
Bounce rate = (Bounces / Sessions) * 100%
- Goal conversion rate: The percentage of sessions during which visitors completed a goal.
Goal conversion rate = (Sessions with a completed goal / Sessions) * 100%(You need to set goals to collect this data.)
- Sum of goal revenue: The revenue counted for the goal. (You need to set goals to collect this data.)
You can apply segments to this report, export this report to the CSV, XML, JSON, or JSON (KV) file format, or customize the report.