The website & social report shows sites and social media that referred visitors to your website. Among referrers, you can find sites that talked about you, sites — like Medium or Quora — where you mention yourself, and social media sites where you and other people speak about your website.
Also, if you run several sites that link to each other and track them separately, you’ll find those websites on the referrer list.
To view the report, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics.
- Navigate to Reports.
- On the left, click Websites & social.
- View the report.
- To access specific sections of the report, click the section name.
- Also, whenever you see a nested dimension in the report, you can click the dimension to dig deeper into data.
Tip: In the website & social report, you’ll find a nested dimension with a referrer URL. In most cases, the URL will point you to the exact page where a link to your website was placed.
In the website & social report, you’ll find the following metrics:
- Visitors: The number of unique visitors. Every visitor is counted once, even if they visit the website many times during the day.
- Sessions: The number of sessions performed by visitors. A session starts with the first event and ends 30 minutes after the last event (after the session is over).
- Bounce rate: The percentage of sessions during which visitors viewed only one page and didn’t continue to another page view, goal conversion, or e-commerce conversion.
Bounce rate = Bounces / Sessions * 100%
- Goal conversion rate: The percentage of sessions during which visitors completed a goal.
Goal conversion rate = Sessions with a completed goal / Sessions * 100%(You need to set goals to collect this data.)
- Sum of goal revenue: The revenue counted for the goal. (You need to set goals to collect this data.)