The campaign report informs you about the effectiveness of your online campaigns. Data for this report are sourced from tagged URLs that send traffic to your site, so whenever you run an online campaign tag your links using our Piwik PRO URL builder.
In the campaign report, you’ll see five sections:
- Campaign: All campaigns that you’re running.
- Source/medium: The source is the platform where you run your advertising campaign, such as a newsletter or social media site. The medium refers to the method or format of advertising, such as a banner ad, sponsored post, or cost-per-click (CPC) ad.
- Keywords: Keywords are words or phrases used in paid search campaigns.
- Contents: The content label is an additional way to tag and organize different call-to-actions (CTAs) within a campaign.
- Campaign ID: The campaign ID is a unique identifier used to tag a specific campaign.
To view the report, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics.
- Navigate to Reports.
- On the left, click Campaigns.
- View the report.
- To access specific sections of the report, click the section name.
- Also, whenever you see a nested dimension in the report, you can click the dimension to dig deeper into data.
- If you want to see two dimensions in a single view, click + and choose a dimension.
Metrics in the report
In the campaign report, you’ll find the following metrics:
- Visitors: The number of unique visitors. Every visitor is counted once, even if they visit the website many times during the day.
- Sessions: The number of sessions performed by visitors. A session starts with the first event and ends 30 minutes after the last event (after the session is over).
- Bounce rate: The percentage of sessions during which visitors viewed only one page and didn’t continue to another page view, goal conversion, or e-commerce conversion.
Bounce rate = Bounces / Sessions * 100%
- Goal conversion rate: The percentage of sessions during which visitors completed a goal.
Goal conversion rate = Sessions with a completed goal / Sessions * 100%(You need to set goals to collect this data.)
- Sum of goal revenue: The revenue counted for the goal. (You need to set goals to collect this data.)
You can apply segments to this report, export this report to a CSV, XML, JSON, or JSON (KV) file format, or customize the report.