The search engine report shows the search engines people used to visit your site. Most users reach for Google, Bing, and Yahoo!, but you may come across other types of search engines. None of the search engines shares data about users’ queries, so you won’t see them in the report. But, you can always look at the session entry URL and figure out what the visitor was trying to find.
Note: Google offers the Google Search Console, a tool for measuring site’s search traffic and performance. You can integrate a Google Search Console with Piwik PRO to analyze combined data.
To view the report, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics.
- Navigate to Reports.
- On the left, click Search engine.
- View the report.
- To access a nested dimension with session entry URLs, click a dimension.
- If you want to see two dimensions in a single view, click + and choose a dimension.
Metrics in the report
In the search engine report, you’ll find the following metrics:
- Visitors: The number of unique visitors. Every visitor is counted once, even if they visit the website many times during the day.
- Sessions: The number of sessions performed by visitors. A session starts with the first event and ends 30 minutes after the last event (after the session is over).
- Bounce rate: The percentage of sessions during which visitors viewed only one page and didn’t continue to another page view, goal conversion, or e-commerce conversion.
Bounce rate = Bounces / Sessions * 100%
- Goal conversion rate: The percentage of sessions during which visitors completed a goal.
Goal conversion rate = Sessions with a completed goal / Sessions * 100%(You need to set goals to collect this data.)
- Sum of goal revenue: The revenue counted for the goal. (You need to set goals to collect this data.)
You can apply segments to this report, export this report to a CSV, XML, JSON, or JSON (KV) file format, or customize the report.