Custom dimension report
The custom dimension report shows stats for additional dimensions (like attributes or values) that you track together with your visitor traffic. With custom dimensions, you can collect data that are not tracked by default and analyze them in combination with other dimensions and metrics.
The setup of custom dimensions is specific for each case that you have on your website. This article will help you learn the basic steps.
After your custom dimensions are ready, you can view a custom dimension report.
To view the report, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics (new).
- Navigate to Reports.
- On the left, click Custom dimensions.
- View the report.
- To access the section of the report with the specific custom dimension, click the section name.
Metrics in the report
In the custom dimension report, you’ll find the following metrics:
- Visitors: The number of unique visitors. Every visitor is counted once, even if they visit the website many times during the day.
- Sessions: The number of sessions performed by visitors. A session starts with the first event and ends 30 minutes after the last event (after the session is over).
- Bounce rate: The percentage of sessions during which visitors viewed only one page and didn’t continue to another page view, goal conversion, or e-commerce conversion.
Bounce rate = Bounces / Sessions * 100%
- Goal conversion rate: The percentage of sessions during which visitors completed a goal.
Goal conversion rate = Sessions with a completed goal / Sessions * 100%(You need to set goals to collect this data.)
- Sum of goal revenue: The revenue counted for the goal. (You need to set goals to collect this data.)