The Google Ads report shows you which campaigns from Google Ads result in traffic on your website. It combines data from Google Ads with data from Piwik PRO like sessions, bounce rate, goal conversions. By digging into this report, you’ll learn which campaigns are bringing visitors to your website and turn them into customers.
In Google Ads report, you’ll see eight subreports:
- Accounts: This report shows Google Ads accounts connected to your website in Piwik PRO.
- Campaign performance: This report shows campaigns set in Google Ads that bring traffic to your website.
- Ad group performance: This report shows ad groups set in Google Ads that bring traffic to your website.
- Keyword performance: This report shows keywords set in Google Ads that are used to display ads.
Note: We recommend that you use auto-tagging in Google Ads. This setting allows Piwik PRO to match keyword data from Google Ads with data from Analytics like sessions, bounce rate, goal conversions. If landing page URLs are not tagged with
utm_term, you won’t see analytics data in this report.
- Landing pages: This report shows page URLs where visitors were sent from ads or keywords on Google Ads.
- Ad performance: This report shows ads set in Google Ads that bring traffic to your website.
- Performance by day of week: This report shows how much traffic your ads generate each day of the week. It combines data about clicks, cost, and goal conversion.
- Ad distribution network: This report shows where your ad was displayed. The networks are: content, mixed, search, search partners, unknown, unspecified, YouTube search, and YouTube watch.
To view the report, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics (new).
- Navigate to Reports.
- On the left, click Google Ads.
- View the report.
- To access Google Ads subreports, click the report name.
- To access specific sections of the report, click the section name.
- Also, whenever you see a nested dimension in the report, you can click the dimension to dig deeper into data.
Note: A question mark (?) next to the cost or average CPC in Google Ads report marks values with mixed currencies. When you merge Google Ads accounts with different currencies, data about cost and average CPC are inaccurate. Piwik PRO can’t change currencies, so you see summed up values for various currencies in reports.
In the Google Ads report, you’ll find the following metrics:
- Clicks (Google Ads): The number of times people click on your ad.
- Cost (Google Ads): The amount you’ve paid for your ads in Google Ads.
- Average CPC (Google Ads): Average cost-per-click (CPC) is the amount you’ve paid for your ad divided by its total clicks. Average CPC = (Cost / Click) * 100%
- CTR (Google Ads): Click-through rate (CTR) measures how often people click your ad in Google Ads after it’s shown to them. CTR = (Clicks / Impressions) * 100%
- Sessions: The number of sessions performed by visitors. A session starts with the first event and ends 30 minutes after the last event (after the session is over).
- Bounce rate: The percentage of sessions during which visitors viewed only one page and didn’t continue to another page view, goal conversion, or e-commerce conversion. Bounce rate = (Bounces / Sessions) * 100%
- ROAS (Google Ads): Return on ad spend (ROAS) shows if your ad spend in Google Ads has returned in revenue from conversions. ROAS = (Goal revenue + Ecommerce revenue) / Cost (Google Ads)) * 100%
- Goal conversions: The number of completed goals during a session.
- Goal conversion rate: The percentage of sessions during which visitors completed a goal. Goal conversion rate = (Sessions with a completed goal / Sessions) * 100% (You need to set goals to collect this data.)
- Sum of goal revenue: The revenue counted for the goal. (You need to set goals to collect this data.)
Tip: Learn how to use metrics and dimensions from Google Ads in custom reports.