To install a container, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Administration.
- Navigate to Websites & apps.
- Click Add new website or app.
- Type the site or app name and address, and click Save.
Note: If you want to track a few domains with the same tracking code, add their addresses.
- Set the time zone and currency.
Note: We’ll show data in reports in this time zone. We’ll use this currency for goal revenue.
- Navigate to Installation.
- In Basic container (async), click Copy to clipboard.
Note: This container holds your tracking code and is used to handle most tags.
- Paste the code right after the opening <body> tag on every page of your website or app.
- Data will appear in reports in about an hour. Data in the tracker debugger will appear instantly.
Tip: You can also check manually if the tracking works. Read more
- Optionally, in Additional container (sync), click Copy to clipboard.
Note: Add this container if you want to use sync tags. It loads tags before the page content loads.
- Paste the code inside <head></head> tags on your website or app. Don’t add this code elsewhere because it may slow down your site and tracking won’t work correctly.
- You can start adding sync tags right away.