To install a container, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Administration.
- Navigate to Sites & apps.
- Click Add a site or app.
- Type the site or app name and address, and click Save.
Note: If you want to track a few domains with the same tracking code, add their addresses.
- Set the time zone and currency.
Note: We’ll show data in reports in this time zone. We’ll use this currency for goal revenue.
- Navigate to Installation.
- In Sites, click Install manually.
- In Basic container (async)
Required, click Copy to clipboard.
Note: This container holds your tracking code and is used to handle most tags. Always install this container.
- Paste the code right after the opening <body> tag on every page of your website or app.
- Data will appear in reports in about an hour. Data in the tracker debugger will appear instantly.
Tip: You can also check manually if the tracking works. Read more
- Optionally, in Additional container (sync)
Optional, click Copy to clipboard.
Note: Add this container if you want to use sync tags. It loads tags before the page content loads. But always install the Basic container (async) otherwise the additional one won’t work.
- Paste the code inside <head></head> tags on your website or app. Don’t add this code elsewhere because it may slow down your site and tracking won’t work correctly.
- You can start adding sync tags right away.